Wondering where else you can find my writing? Here are selected clips.
Want to hire me or commission a piece? Get in touch and let’s work together!
The New York Times
- Playing the Online Dating Game, on Wheels
- One Daughter, One Mother, Two Wheelchairs, and Nothing Remarkable
- Spare me, “Me Before You”: Hollywood’s new tearjerker is built on tired and damaging disability stereotypes
- Dear Kylie Jenner, my wheelchair isn’t a prop
The Daily Beast
- Disability Rights Are Conspicuously Absent From The Women’s March Platform
- I’m A Disabled Woman Who’s NOT Celebrating Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes Speech
The Huffington Post
- Beware the Scare Tactics: Stop Negative Portrayals of Disability in PSAs
- Dear Parents: No, I Won’t Run Your Child Over With My Wheelchair
- In Defense of People Who Need Caregivers: Disability Should Not Erase Dignity
- I Won’t Pretend That Disability Simulation Works
Vice – Motherboard
Rooted in Rights
The Disability Dialogue – Center for Disability Rights NY
- Popping My Disability Activism Bubble
- The Trouble with Teachable Moments About Disabilities
- Should I Always Wear My Activist Hat?
- Stuck in the Dirt: Why Advocating for Justice and Access Never Stops
- Why the Public Has Turned the Random Act of Kindness at Qdoba Unkind
- Can We Break the Cycle of Broken Elevators?
- No Modern Asylums: A Response to Dr. Christine Montross
- Learning to Love in Any State of Being
- 4 Disability Euphemisms That Need to Bite the Dust
- Why Person-First Language Doesn’t Always Put the Person First
- Who Should Speak for the Disability Community?
Association of University Centers on Disabilities
I Am That Girl
Disability in Kidlit
Endangered Bodies NY